Monday, February 13, 2006

The Artist's Way Week #6

Chapter 6- Recovering a Sense of Abundance

*Week 5*

QUOTES

"Always leave enough time in your life to do something that makes you happy, satisfied, even joyous. That has more of an effect on economic well-being than any other single factor." -Paul Hawken

"I would rather have roses on my table than diamonds on my neck." -Emma Goldman

"True life is lives when tiny changes occur." -Leo Tolstoy

PASSAGES

"Most of us harbor a secret belief that work has to be work and not play, and that anything we really want to do- like write, act, dance- must be considered frivilous and be placed a distant second. This is not true."

"What we really want to do is what we are really meant to do. When we do what we are meant to do, money comes to us, dorrs ioen for us, we feel useful, adnt he work we do feels like play to us."

"All too often we become blocked and blame it on our lack of meny. This is never an authentic block. The actual block is our feeling of constriction, our sens of powerlessness. Art requires us to empower ourselves with choice. At the most basic level, this means choosing to do self-care."

"Creative living requires the luxury of time, which we carve out for ourselves- even if it is fifteen minues for quiet morning pages and a ten minute mini bath after work."

"Creativity lives in paradox: serious art is born from serious play."

TASKS

Money Madness...

People with money are...
lucky.
Money makes people...
safe.
I'd have more money...
if I didn't go to so much school and waste time.
My dad thought money...
should be counted everyday.
My mom always thought money would...
appear.
In my family, money cause...
fights.
Money equals...
security.
If I had money...
I'd pay off all my debts.
If I could afford it, I'd...
travel.
If I had some money I'd buy...
presents!!!
I'm afraid that if I had money I would...
give too much away!
Money is...
necessary.
Money causes...
debt?
Having money is not...
evil.
In order to have more money, I'd need to...
get a new job.
When I have money, I usually...
spend some of it.
I think money...
should grow on trees :)
If I weren't so cheap (poor?) I'd...???
buy books at an independent bookseller.
People think money...
buys happiness.
Being broke tells me...
that I will never learn.

TASKS:
Write down everything you buy for a week.
Pick up 5 pretty rocks.
Pick 5 flowers or leaves.
Throw or give away 5 pieces of ratty clothing.

BAKE SOMETHING!

Send postcards to 5 friends :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi! I just wanted to say that your blog really helped me out! I'm at work and left my Artist Way book at home, and I needed the tasks for my AW group tomorrow. Thank you so much.

Kathie