Thursday, January 26, 2006

From a newsletter...

Once Written.
"Really my new creative love is altering books. I'll be sending you more info about that in future issues, but the basic premise is to take an old book, and then paint it up, add photos, stickers, stamps, whatever you like, to turn it into a work of art. I love this kind of work for two reasons, one because it gives a purpose to old books that were likely doomed to spend eternity in the trash heap, and two because it gives me a use for all the stuff I keep buying at Michael's."

What do you think about this idea? I actually was kinda *eh* about it, but then I thought it could be a really cool GIFT for someone you know well. Hmmmm.


And now I have to ask about this book. Waaaay back in High School in one of my art classes, our (hot) teacher used this book as a guide. I don't rememeber much about it though! (The woman in the newsletter above got it for Christmas.) Anyone use it recently?

And another book that has come highly recommened to me is...

Oooh I can't wait to learn how to knit someday. Actually, I am more looking forward to this one coming out at the end of February


So many projects so little time :)

No comments: