Sunday, November 05, 2006

Thanks to Sassymonkey Reads I found a way to regroup on my 2006 Reading Challenge (which I am failing at by the way...too many good books out there!) And since finding Paperback Swap? Well, just forget it my shelves are overflowing with new titles!


If you are anything like me your stack of purchased to-be-read books is teetering over. So for this challenge we would be reading 5 books that we have already purchased, have been meaning to get to, have been sitting on the nightstand and haven't read before. No going out and buying new books. No getting sidetracked by the lure of the holiday bookstore displays.

The time frame would be Nov. 1st until Jan. 30 and there will be some small, fun prizes awarded to random participants and/or those with clever review posts. There will be one random drawing for a prize to those who submit their list of books in the comment section by Nov. 15th but feel free to join any time. There will be another random drawing for those who submit five reviews by Jan. 30 for a small gift certificate to Amazon.

Well, I am sure I will still be buying books, but I am going to focus in on 5 from my previous challenge and hope to complete them by Dec 31st.

The Bostonian- Henry James
Love in the Time of Cholera- Gabriel Garcia Marquez
Lolita by by Vladimir Nabakov
My Antonia - Willa Cather
A Heartbreaking Work of Staggering Genius - Dave Eggers

No comments: