Monday, June 05, 2006

I Like Books!

40 so far this year. And WAY behind on my challenge.



Not so much this one. I enjoy chick lit. Very much. And I loved Jane Green's Jemima J.

But I do not enjoy women in general, who think like her main character, Alice.

Alice (just seperated from asshole philandering husband) speaking to her best friend Emily.

"Then I tell myself that I'me terrified and I'll never be able to make it on my own. Oh God, Em. I just can't believe it's come to this. I walked down that aisle thinking I was goping to be married for the rest of my life. I thought Joe and I would grow old together."

Emily is silent for a few seconds. "Alice, you walked down that aisle knowing who Joe was, what he wanted in a wife. You were willing to turn yourself into what he wanted. That's why your marriage worked."

"I know. It worked as long as I played by the rules. It;s just as scart, being single again when I thought I had that part of my life settled out."


Ick. Ick. ICK.

Of course Alice realizes who SHE is after being married to this loser for 6 years and everything ends up happy. (With a quicky fast forward into the future chapter at the end to see how everyone turns out. Ick.)

If this is what sells? I am never getting published.

No comments: